Hello dear friends,
It’s the end of one of the longest, hardest weeks I’ve ever had at work. It’s been exhausting, frustrating, emotional, and surprisingly invigorating. Difficulties can sometimes be a way of pushing you to look for new solutions, don’t you think?
How about you? Is anyone else glad it’s the weekend?
Here are a few things I’ve been looking forward to sharing with you…
- Why frequent trips outside your comfort zone are so important
- Delicious lemonade recipes (economist husband and I had an incredible homemade lemonade on Sunday and I’ve been craving it ever since…how do you make your lemonade? With mint? Cucumbers? Ginger?)
- 10 things you should be buying used
- Russia’s going to make its own Disneyland!
- The best Pinterest pin I’ve seen this week…so good.
- Schlepping: the ultimate urban workout
- THIS great book by a blogger I’ve been following is only $0.99 on Kindle until tomorrow (August 11)! What a great deal – I’m definitely going to get it…(P.S. Amazon didn’t display the discount price until I’d signed in with my account – just a heads-up)
- I really enjoyed and was inspired by this post on neighbors by a friend of mine…do you know your neighbors?
- What’s missing in America, according to this Russian blogger
- Have you been following this Pussy Riot trial? It’s been the top story in our newsroom for quite awhile…I thought this was a good op-ed on the story…
P.S. source for above image