I’m so glad it’s Friday! It’s been a hard, stressful week at work this week with lots of looooong hours. I’m so glad the weekend is here! Economist husband and I are planning to make a quick visit to friends this weekend – a Russian road trip! Here’s to hoping the traffic won’t be heavy, and the roads won’t be too pot-holed!
What are your plans for the weekend?
- Did you know that Putin is habitually late? He’s kept presidents, kings, Queen Elizabeth, and even the pope waiting. At work we’ve learned to completely shift our schedule to accommodate to tardiness. Even Russian broadcasters, when trying to book a TV live with the Russian President will warn “Well, it starts at 11:00, but it’s Putin, so we’re not sure when to expect pictures…
- Why Russians are so good at math and science (would you agree?)
- I loved this photo project: reading on the metro. My favorite part of public transportation!
- The paradox of weekends. Good article
- Olympic runner Ryan Hall. Fantastic article. I’m so excited for the Olympics!
- The top 5 regrets of the dying
- Whoa. This girl can write! I’ve only just dipped into the first few pages of this novel and am already blown away. Vivid prose.
- How goals and good intentions can actually hold us back…
P.S. Beatles photo found here.