How was your week? I’ve had a few days off work, and got to go meet a friend at a cafe near the river. What a great spot! The view was incredible, and it was so enjoyable to relax under umbrellas and watch boats and tourists. We felt so scandalous sitting there on a work day sipping virgin pina colada’s. Don’t you think that there’s something inherently calming about water?? Maybe that’s why St. Petersburg is more relaxed than Moscow…
Anyway, the weekend is here, and economist husband and I are headed off for a picnic in the park with friends, and I’ll put in a shift at the office…
- THE quintessential summer essay, by E.B. White – Once More to the Lake. Did your childhood summers look like that??
- I love this scarf.
- I was charmed by this interview, and it made me want to read the book.
- How to learn a language in 90 days. Do you think it can be done?
- Animals of high and low moral standing
- Cold-brewed coffee. Yes, please.
- These necklaces are so pretty!
- Small and cool. A multi-functional 650-square foot 1-bedroom apartment. I love it!
- A list of Moscow’s best summer veranda restaurants…