Hello my sweets!
It’s been a crazy couple of days for economist husband and I. With my boss on holiday, the Euro Championships in Ukraine, Lavrov and Putin in China, Hillary Clinton traipsing through the Caucasus, and the world focused on Russia’s relationship with Syria, the newsroom has been nuts. I’m so excited that I have the weekend off. We’re looking forward to sleeping in and seeing friends for a dinner party.
How was your week? Is there anything you’re looking forward to this weekend?
- It was the Queen’s Jubilee last weekend. We watched her sail down the Thames at work. Have you seen Queen Elizabeth’s childhood playhouse? So cool!
- The importance of daydreaming (I’ve always sensed this was true – what do you think?)
- Interesting thoughts on Russia’s foreign policy – especially as relates to Syria. This and this. What do you think?
- Did you know that two-thirds of personal bankruptcies in the U.S. are related to healthcare costs? Isn’t that crazy? Do you have any thoughts on healthcare reform? Here’s an interesting article on healthcare in the U.S. vs. UK.
- I’ve really been enjoying this blog on interior design
P.S. the beautiful floral painting is by artist Lulie Wallace.