The timing is all a bit confusing. It’s western Easter this Sunday, but Russia won’t celebrate until next week. I think, seeing as both economist husband and I will be stuck in the office this weekend, we’ll celebrate Easter next week.
This Sunday, then, is Pussy Willow Sunday (Russia’s version of Palm Sunday). What are you doing for Easter? Do you have any traditions? What are your plans for the weekend?
- I love the way that this friend celebrates Easter with her family in Ukraine
- Small and cool! Following yesterday’s post about awesome tiny apartments in Russia and Ukraine, here’s a great contest on Apartment Therapy to find the smallest, coolest apartment – lots of great ideas and designs
- This looks like a really great movie…
- Moscow for people – a blogger’s 10-step campaign to improve Moscow (in Russian)…I couldn’t agree more!
- Interesting post on self-promotion and pride…Would you agree?
- Looks like a good read – a fascinating and scary book…plus a really good review on it from The Guardian here…makes you think about the depths of human depravity…
- Is the resume dead? What do you think?
- After all my posts on Soviet nostalgia, here’s a stinging photographic summary of the “Peculiarities of the Soviet Mentality” – a bit harsh, but I’d agree with a lot of it…what do you think?
- Fascinating article about how reading fiction affects our brains…I always knew my book obsession had to be a good thing!
P.S. It’s STILL snowing in Moscow!! When will it end?! There are lots of jokes around Moscow that Russian’s voted for stability (in the presidential elections), so now winter will never end!