Happy Friday! Are you excited for the weekend? I’ve been craving a visit to an art museum, but I think my actual plans this weekend are looking significantly less cultural. I think we’ll go to see The Hunger Games here. No place is showing it in English that we can find in Moscow, so we’ll be watching Katniss and Peeta speaking Russian.
Did you read the Hunger Games series? What did you think of the books? Have you seen the movie? What are your plans for the weekend?
- I love visiting other people’s houses and just looking at their stuff…especially their dishes and their bookshelves…Here’s a cool art/photography project that does this that and it’s called “Other People’s Houses“
- Imagination into action, via Don Miller and Bob Goff.
- Speaking of the Hunger Games, check out this amazing redhead Russian girl who is unbelievably good with a bow and arrow – she could definitely give Katniss a run for her money!
- Two really cool places in Moscow to go watch a movie (in Russian)
- Great marriage advice
- an article on Russia’s Soviet era orphanages… “Because of the absence of social support, we cannot reform our system of institutions…Deinstitutionalization is impossible.” -Boris Altshuler, head of Rights of the Child
- Love You Like an Old Record: great playlist of love songs for making your husband (or wife) Friday night tacos
- This looks like a good book!
Have a great weekend!