Isn’t this a wonderful quote? I just love it! Sometimes I feel so rich thinking about all the books there are to read and conversations I get to have and people I get to meet.
Here are a few of this week’s treasures:
- Gray skies, rain, slush and puddles
- Being in Russia: the crowded steamy metro, the dignified ladies in scarves at the table next to me, the complaining and the absurd contrasts
- Breathtaking ballet from students dancing their hearts out in a graduate exam
- a friend who drops everyone to join me for something fun last minute
- Bible verses that speak a challenge I’m hungry for
- opportunities all over the world
- help with paperwork from our company’s accountant
- a quiet evening and candles with economist husband
- a really good book!
- Working through stories at the office; seeing them come together
- Permission to access some amazing archives to get work done
- The most beautiful niece in the world (no joke – she’s gorgeous)
- Getting my residency permit paperwork turned without even having to stand in line!
- almonds and cranberries
What about you? What are some things that made you feel rich this week? Big piles of books to read, and the first couple weeks of green in May never fail to make me feel rich. What about you? Is there something that always makes you feel rich?