It’s the cold, slushy kind of early spring day that makes you want to sit inside and watch the snow streak down your window with a cup of tea fogging up the glass. Maybe even venture out for a walk in your rain boots and wool socks until your nose turns pink.
I’m so happy it’s the weekend. Sleeping in is on the agenda tomorrow as well as filling out job applications. Economist husband and I are planning to indulge in our Saturday morning pancake tradition as well.
What are your plans for the weekend?
- Check out these amazing color photographs from pre-revolutionary Russia. I’ve never seen color photo’s from this time period – it’s like time travel.
- Are you a homesick globalist?
- Russian newspaper ads from the 1990’s – the naivete of post-Soviet Russia – the most fascinating time period in this country’s history, in my opinion…
- This looks like a good book
- And this also looks like a good book!
- Finding a best friend….perhaps especially applicable to those of us who live in huge, transient cities and are always watching our friends move away.
- After posting about Russian cheese and grocery shopping, I was excited to see this post on The Muscovore about Moscow’s markets
Have a great weekend!