We get a long weekend here, thanks to Women’s Day. Economist husband and I are celebrating the time off by catching up on sleep and laundry and going outside the city to visit his fantastic cousin in Moscow region. What are your plans for the weekend?
- What Happy People Know about Money – an intriguing post by Laura Vanderkam.
- 13 cheeses everyone should know – (delicious! makes me want to have a cheese party!)
- 27 Reasons Why Vladimir Putin Definitely Won the Russian Presidential Elections – this made me laugh 🙂
- A delicious breakfast recipe: almond and yorgurt waffles with honey orange syrup
- The sounds of winter in Moscow (for Russian speakers) via Большой Город
- Healthy bedtime snacks: a guide
- An inspiring post about designing and decorating your rental + designing with kids in mind + gorgeous pictures + the great below quote
“(I wish I had realized) sooner how inexpensive it can be to make a rental feel like a well-designed home. With every apartment before this one, I always thought it wasn’t worth trying to design it as if it were a home we owned. I think people would be shocked at how little we spent on our place. You just have to be patient while searching for the right pieces, keeping aesthetic, budget and flexibility in mind. You can’t just furnish a place in one weekend. That’s when you’ll find yourself settling for the best option in the store rather than finding the right piece for your home. And you’ll probably spend a ton.”
– Shaleah Soliven