I’m in Florida with the window open, sitting on a bed with chlorine-scented damp on the ends of my hair, sunburn on my feet, and relaxed after an evening in the hot tub with my sister and brother-in-law.
Vacation is just like any other day, except I’m more relaxed, and eat more food and am more energized because I get to be with economist husband and my sister and mom all day long!
There is so much to be thankful for!
- 336. the hot shower this morning
- 337. green grass, palm trees
- 338. waterfall noise out the window
- 339. the guy who made our sandwiches at Subway this morning (and the pregnant lady who came in and flirted with him) – he was so serious about his job and good at it.
- 340. they’re making “The Hunger Games” into a movie!
- 341. That I have an awesome paid vacation and don’t have to go in to work for another two weeks
- 342. the sunshine this morning and the warm air
- 343. walking on the escalator with my pregnant sister, excited about Harry Potter World
- 344. sitting on Starbucks couches with everyone, sipping coffee, talking, resting our legs
- 345. snuggling with economist husband in line, feeling his arms and his strong, steady love and support and pretty much endless patience
- 346. screaming and laughing and flipping on the roller coaster and coming off dizzy
- 347. the violently violet flowers on the tree at dusk
- 348. seeing the lights come out at night on Harry Potter world
- 349. late night at a greasy Waffle House with a cranky sister
- 350. sitting and talking in the hot tub with sister and brother-in-law: the perfect night.
- 351. long car-rides in the back, in the middle with the hump
- 352. getting lost in a book on the beach
- 353. husband and brother-in-law bonding over beer
- 354. walking outside in the grass in my bare feet
- 355. a long talk with economist husband, riding around the resort pool “lazy river”