When I’m not sure what else to write about and all I can see around me are my failures (Haven’t blogged for weeks! Didn’t use my time well! Didn’t get my paperwork done! Didn’t answer those emails! Lazy at work!)
And what happened to our Good Friday plans? What happened to our worship and prayer? What happened to my even caring about what He did? Lent is over, but my desire for God hasn’t grown.
When all I can see is my weakness and failure – failure to even care – it’s still Easter. And the sun still comes up bright, with tulip leaves budding out of the dirt, and neighborhood cathedral bells ringing, and babushki lined up with kulich cakes, and guests coming over, and all the joyful hymns at church.
And when I have nothing good to say for myself, and all I feel is guilt, I can still give thanks:
- 299. midday SMS from economist husband
- 300. God’s faithfulness and forgiveness
- 301. The life and things and friends and family and memories He’s given me
- 302. the new day
- 303. the sunshine
- 304. all the friends that came over for Easter brunch
- 305. the chance to believe in God
- 306. the pussywillow branches on my kitchen table
- 307. Our Good Friday and Easter tree
- 308. Getting permission to live in Russia without a visa!!
- 309. long skype talk with a dear, dear friend
- 310. How He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion
- 311. How the treasure is in this clay jar to show that the power is from HIM, not from me.
- 312. How He died to take away my guilt; to take the punishment for what I’ve done