A few of the things I’m thankful for this week…
- 56. Pretty flowers from my husband, “Just because I love you”
- 57. We got a blender! We’ve experimented with watermelon and peach smoothies so far…looking forward to milkshakes, creamy soups and sauces…
- 58. Feeling like I’m getting the hang of judging news stories
- 59. The Uzbek bakery near our house – fresh baguettes, lavash and lepeshki hot from the oven all the way home.
- 60. tea party (lemon cranberry cream scones!) with girlfriends on Friday afternoon
- 61. A relatively good visit to the УФМС that didn’t end with me shaking and in tears. I got all my questions answered, and it looks like at least part of my expensive paperwork is all in order to proceed with trying to get my residency permit!
- 62. Late-night dinner with friends – discussing books, Bible studies, fall retreats, welcoming new people into our group, and how funny Russians, Americans and Brits all are…
- 63. Quiet sunny, rainy, cloudy, windy days
- 64. Drinking gallons of lemon tea inside with my poor, sick man…
- 65. This and this new book to read!
- 66. Actually getting enough sleep (lots of morning class cancellations) – it’s amazing how much energy I have. It IS possible to stay awake without coffee!
- 67. A great, encouraging phone conversation with someone who understands a bit of what my family is going through.
- 68. Our church is meeting in a more central location – it’s fun to welcome a bunch of new people, and start a new year!
- 69. A birthday party with friends, hot tea, and a massive frosted cake
- 70. Discovering a quiet, new, no-smoking coffee shop with excellent prices!
- 71. Dinner at my father-in-law’s and new chicken-mushroom-rice recipes
What a great week!